Wednesday 19 January 2022

Winter Storms & New Family Members

Obviously I didn't get an update on here last weekend. We had a hella storm blow in over the East coast that knocked out all our power. It was a chilly 24 hours until the lights came back on. Thankfully we have a generator that keeps the necessities running...water, septic, fridge, coffee maker

As my cell service was also spotty it gave me the guilt free excuse to sit around under a blanket, knit and read for a whole day. (Am I a bad person for hoping the power goes out again soon. lol) 

Yes, there is a glass (cough*bottle*cough) of wine in the picture but I swear I took that in the evening. I wasn't day drinking...although it' would be a lie if I didn't. And storm chips are a "thing" out here on the East Coast and this particular mix is my favourite. 

My other life distraction is this sweet little boy, Hershey. He's a shepherd like our other dog and as adorable as can be. Don't let the lazy sleeping face fool you, he's as rambunctious and high energy as his 9month old furry sister. They've been having a great time chasing after each other. 

On the writing front I've spent the last couple days working on a query and synopsis for my sci-fi Romance - "Beneath The Surface" and today I'm back at the edits on it. My goal is to have it submitted by the end of the month and then I can focus back on writing my rough draft of Sophia Meets Seduction. 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment