Saturday 1 January 2022

New Year Reflection and Goals

    Much like everyone else in the world, the last couple years have passed in a massive blur. It feels like December 2019 was just yesterday and here we are at the beginning of 2022.

    Personally, I've had a lot of false starts and failed attempts at much of my work. Along with a constant battle with imposter syndrome which fed my blocked creative flow....or vice verse. I'm not sure which came to the party first but they have both stayed far too long past last call. The lights are on and the bar is closing.

    We made a massive family move this past fall and relocated to the East Coast. I resigned from an employer I've been at for over twenty years. In the last three months I've realized I had been working in an incredibly toxic environment for a company that no one is allowed to say anything bad about. 

    It took leaving to realize how bad life had been.

    Having a successful NaNoWriMo went a long way to bolstering my confidence. I went in a completely different direction and wrote a SciFi romance. Which was a lot of fun and still is. Editing is a challenge as I'm still developing this work and the language that goes along with it. But, writing hasn't been this much fun in a long time. 

    I'm keeping my goals simple and obtainable for this year. If the last two years has taught me anything, it's not to trust reality to go sideways again. 

    Currently I'm editing my SciFi romance and plan to submit it to a publisher in February. I'm also writing the 3rd book to the Temptation of the Gods trilogy. You can see my progress in the column to the right of this page. :)

    I'm not sure what this year will bring, but I'm going to take it as it comes and adapt as I go. 



No comments:

Post a Comment