Monday 29 March 2021

And the gold medal for self sabotage goes to....


It's been a tough couple of years writing wise....the lack of completed books has made that painfully obvious. And, the longer I go between books; it gives strength to the imposter voice in my head. 

The last three years have been a major upheaval in my personal life. I accepted a promotion at my day job, gained custody of two young children and, like every one else, I've been trying to slog my way through the new reality this pandemic has created for all of us.

Now, I'd love for this to be a post to say I've conquered it and have a stack of books on their way to the publisher...but that would be a big ole fabrication. But, I'm trying to work past that. I think that setting reasonable goals and keeping a set schedule might work best, at least I hope so. And if it doesn’t then I’ll try something else. I’m not ready to give up on writing, and the voices in my head are certainly not ready to let me go.

My first goal is to update this every Monday. And write 1K on my book each night. Yeah, that's a HUGH number considering how out of practice I am. But, I have an opportunity in May that I'd like to be able to pitch for and the book should be done before I set myself up like that. 

For now, here's a picture I took this weekend of a rainbow at the bottom of the American Falls. There is still a massive amount of snow and ice piled up on the rocks that makes them larger than they normally are. 




No comments:

Post a Comment